Open University allows non-matriculated individuals to enroll in state-supported course offerings on a space-available basis after matriculated Cal Poly students have selected their classes. The instructor must sign the Open University form indicating permission to enroll in a course.
Students taking classes through Open University come from a variety of backgrounds. They may be high school students, international students studying through the VISIT program, students from other universities or community colleges, community members who have an interest in a subject area, former Cal Poly students needing to complete their degree, alumni, people working on prerequisites to graduate programs, etc. No matter what the reason, they all appreciate your willingness to include them in your class.
Key Points to Note:
- By signing the Open University Enrollment form the instructor
- Has authorized Extended Education to enroll the student in the class
- Has verified or decided to waive course prerequisites
- Has determined there is sufficient space in the class after matriculated students have enrolled
- Open University enrollments will have a separate class roster and grade roster. These rosters will have a “P” in front of the course number and will be located in the Instructor Center
- Open University students will be in the same PolyLearn course and class email list as your other students
Some instructors wait to sign the form until the first day of class to see if there is space, but the instructor may sign it in advance if they believe there will be space.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our office at 805-756-2053 or email@example.comBack to top