Open University provides an opportunity for individuals, not currently admitted at Cal Poly, to enroll in courses at the university.
Please review FAQ information if you are uncertain as to your eligibility to enroll in courses via Open University.
How to Register
Please see the Deadlines and Important Dates page for the date when PASS is available as well as the earliest date completed form may be submitted. Forms will not be accepted prior to that date.
- View available Cal Poly Classes. Note: The schedule of classes is only available online.
- View courses online at PASS. Course descriptions and prerequisites, if any, are also listed.
- Print a Registration form. (Click on "Print" to download form)
- Or pick up a Registration form from Cal Poly Extended Education, Science Building 52, Room E34. Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- A separate Registration Form is needed for each class you wish to enroll in.
- Obtain instructor and department head/chair consent to enroll by having them sign registration form. Contact information for each academic department is on the Cal Poly website.
- Enrollment is based on space availability, as well as other criteria established by the instructor, department or college.
- Return completed registration form to Cal Poly Extended Education.
- Drop off at Science Building 52, Room E34
- Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or fax your forms to (805) 756-5933